25 July 2011

Retro Gaming – My Amiga Upbringings Part 1

Over the next few articles I hope to go through some of the iconic games of my youth.
I have always loved games since my Dad brought home a Commodore +4 and we played Icicle Works on a 14” TV.

Since then I’ve had various systems and consoles but none give me so much memories as my Amiga 500 I had as a teenager. Don’t get me wrong I have hammered my Xbox360 more than my Amiga could ever take. However, since the Xbox became prevalent I’ve found games are easier to complete and less frustrating

My system history int long but each system has been used to its up most

Commodore +4
Nintendo Gameboy
Commodore Amiga (and eventually the +1MB Memory upgrade)
Sega Mega Drive
Sony Playstation
Nintendo Gamecube
Nintendo Gameboy Advance
Xbox
Xbox 360

I think it’s more the sentimentality that takes over of a fun child hood because the load times, multiple discs and impossible game play are always far from my mind.  Right up to when I got the mega drive I was playing with the joy stick pictured.

I’ll try to include You Tube clips wherever possible so you can watch the footage of the game and sometimes even see the whole game played through.

No comments: