15 October 2009

No, Jesus God Man that's just what they want us to do. Trap us in a steel box - Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

Found this article on indie wire regarding the demographics of movie goers and the future vision for 2010. I don’t like the way they have pigeon holed everyone esp. seen as my age band all have DVD recorders. Bugger bet get down to curry’s and get one.

http://www.indiewire.com/article/gordon_paddison_moviegoers_2010/


Put the good news is that "Peer group feedback trumps critics". That’s a relief; I thought it was only me that despises snooty film reviews. I can remember when Alien Vs Predator came out and a critic actually complained it lacked plot depth. Really? Isn’t the entire plot in the title?

My hopes for 2010 will be less 3D gimmicks and less franchise/remakes. One good thing is that there won’t be a Transformers film pheww. Although rumours are abound that a new Indiana Jones film be in the works for future release.

However (I know this is going to sound a bit hypocritical) I am looking forward to the new Iron man movie. Yes the first one was cheesy but I am impressed how Robert Downey Jnr has turned his career around (well apart from Tropic Thunder). If you've not seen it I recommend Kiss Kiss Bang Bang for a light easy Friday night film. I was quiet impressed.

Speaking of impressed, I’m currently watching the Second season of Damages on DVD. It’s a good bit of TV. I can’t understand why the BBC slapped it on so late. It seems the thing for terrestrial TV to but US TV on late these days. Sopranos finished at 12.45am every Wednesday and the same applied for Generation Kill.

Its no wonder my age bracket all have DVD recorders - we have to get up for work and can’t get some decent TV unless we record it. Because lets face it I'm a celebrity xfactor jungle Love Island doesn’t float my boat

No comments: